As a university medical center, it is our aim to provide the best and most responsible healthcare possible. To this end, we are taking the following precautions to prevent transmission of the coronavirus. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
- We explicitly do not wish to impose a ban on visitors, but we would like to keep the number of visitors to our hospital to a minimum. Patients should be accompanied or visited by one person at a time per patient, per day. This is the case for patients that have been admitted to hospital and for patients with outpatient appointments.
- Children at Sophia Children’s Hospital may only be visited by one person per day. This includes parents.
- We request visitors with a cold, a cough, a fever, or those who have recently become short of breath, not to come to Erasmus MC.
This means that we do not want visitors to come to Erasmus MC in groups and visit patients one after the other during visiting hours. This rule is for your and our safety. We want fewer people visiting Erasmus MC at the same time to reduce the likelihood of visitors passing on the virus to each other. In other words, no more than two people per patient per day.
- Take general hygiene measures:
- Visit the restroom to wash your hands with soap and water
- Do not shake hands
- Cough and/or sneeze into your bent elbow
- Use disposable tissues
- Outpatient appointments by phone where possible
Do you have an appointment at one of our outpatient clinics? If so, please bear in mind that, where possible, outpatient appointments may be carried out by telephone. Appointments by phone will only take place if your attending physician feels that it is medically justifiable to do so. All outpatient appointments that require you to be present at Erasmus MC will go ahead as planned. This measure to reduce the number of outpatient visits started on Friday 13 March and will last until at least 6 April. Have you not been contacted by your outpatient clinic? Then your appointment will go ahead as planned.
- Adjusted opening hours restaurants
Due to the current crisis, you need to take into account the adjusted opening times of the shops and restaurants.
Do you have any questions? See the FAQs here.