Janique Jessurun is a pharmacist and PhD candidate in the hospital pharmacy of Erasmus MC.
Her research (MEDICOPS) focuses on the effect of centralizing medication distribution on patient safety in hospitals. The investigated intervention strategies include the following:
- A closed loop medication administration system consisting of central unit dose dispensing combined with barcode assisted medication administration;
- A centralized intravenous admixture service.
Field(s) of expertise
- Medication safety;
- Patient safety.
Education and career
Janique studied Pharmacy at Utrecht University. After she obtained her master’s degree in 2013, she started working as a pharmacist in both the hospital pharmacy of Maasstad Hospital (Rotterdam) and Delta Psychiatric hospital (Poortugaal) and subsequently in IJsselland hospital (Capelle aan den IJssel).
She started her PhD trajectory in Erasmus MC in November 2017 under supervision of Prof. Dr. P.M.L.A. van den Bemt (hospital pharmacist, clinical pharmacologist, professor medication safety), Prof. Dr. M. van Dijk (psychologist, professor nursing sciences), and Dr. N.G.M. Hunfeld (hospital pharmacist, clinical pharmacologist).
- BROK - Basiscursus Regelgeving en Organisatie voor Klinisch onderzoekers (Basic course for clinical investigators)
- Deel BKO - Basis Kwalificatie Onderwijs (University Teaching qualification)
A complete overview of publications can be found on Pubmed.
- Member of the central patient safety incidents committee of Erasmus MC
- Member of the International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP) Patient Safety Policy Committee (2020).