What we do
About our project
For each participant with baseline knee symptoms, a set of clinical experts from primary and secondary care will evaluate the presence of clinically relevant knee osteoarthritis 5 to 10 years after baseline, based on the clinical and radiographic data collected within the CHECK study. For each participant with baseline hip symptoms, clinical experts will evaluate the presence of clinically relevant hip osteoarthritis.
Baseline demographics, questionnaire data, data from physical examinations, radiographic data, and hsCRP will be used to construct a diagnostic model against the presence of clinically relevant osteoarthritis 5 to 10 years after baseline.
Our research focus
- Develop models based on baseline factors
- Compare predictive abilities to the existing ACR-criteria
- Externally validate models based on baseline factors
- Develop models based on the course of signs and symptoms during the first two years of follow-up
- Externally validate models based on the course of signs and symptoms
- Implement clinically relevant models into primary care
Funds & Grants
Prof.dr. Boers, Dept. Rheumatology, VU Medical Center Amsterdam
Prof.dr. Bijlsma, Dept. Rheumatology, University Medical Center Utrecht
Dr. J. Runhaar (co-promotor), firstname.lastname@example.org
Qiuke Wang, email@example.com
Ömer Özbulut, firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. S.M.A. Bierma-Zeinstra (promotor), email@example.com
Contact address for the project: firstname.lastname@example.org.