If this is your first time visiting our hospital, please report at least half an hour before your appointment at the registration desk. You can find the registration desk in the central hall of Erasmus MC Sophia. Follow the signs (Sb, Sh, Sk and Sp) for the Sophia Children's Hospital or ask our host for help. After your registration you will receive a day ticket with the time and location of your appointment.
What do you need to bring?
You will need the following to register:
- A valid identification document of your child. Everyone who requires medical care must be able to identify themselves. This identification requirement also applies to children. A valid Dutch passport, identity card or residence permit are all valid forms of identification. You can request an excerpt from the basic register of persons (BRP) with a citizen service number (BSN) for your new-born from your municipality. Does your child have no proof of identity? Then we cannot claim our costs from your health insurer. You may run the risk of having to pay the costs yourself.
- Your child's health insurance card.
- The name and address of your general practitioner.
- The name and address of your pharmacy.
- The referral letter from your general practitioner or specialist (if not already in our possession). Otherwise, you run the risk of your insurance company not reimbursing you and us having to send you the bill.
- An e-mail address. From 1 May 2022 onwards we sent our appointment letters digitally. We will inform you by e-mail of scheduled or changed appointments. A list of your appointments is available digitally in the patient portal My Erasmus MC.
- A DigiD for your child. To inspect your medical file and view a list of appointments made or changed, you need to log in to the patient portal My Erasmus MC. You log in to My Erasmus MC using your child's personal DigiD. Your child therefore needs his or her own DigiD. Does your child not have a DigiD yet? Then you can apply for one via the DigiD website.
The registration desk of Erasmus MC Sophia is open from Monday to Friday from 7:00 am to 4:30 pm.
For each (subsequent) visit to our hospital, you must collect a day ticket from one of the digital registration kiosks in the central hall. To do this, you need a valid identity document for your child.
Do you only have an extract from the basic register of persons? Then please report to the registration desk. We will issue the day ticket to you personally. This applies to every follow-up appointment until your child has a valid identity document.
Do you want to change something?
If you wish to update your personal data, such as:
- Your home address;
- Your place of residence;
- Your telephone number;
- Your general practitioner;
- Your pharmacy;
- Your insurance.
You can submit your details online via the patient portal My Erasmus MC and on location at the registration desk. Through the digital registration kiosk you can only change some data, such as your mobile phone number and e-mail address. We ask you to check and update your data once a year.