What can you do to ensure that your child has a safe hospital stay?
It is important that you:
- know what the treatment entails and know who your child’s attending physician is;
- bring your child’s current medication, if any, including the pharmacy’s medication list;
- inform the nursing or medical staff of any allergies as soon as possible after arrival;
- to prevent infections, wash your hands before eating and after using the toilet ;
- if you see your child in pain, please report this as soon as possible so we can do something about it;
- before your child is discharged from the hospital, please make sure that you receive a medication list, a letter for the GP, and, if indicate, a referral letter for an outpatient appointment.