This (Dutch-language) film clip shows you a number of things that you and your child can do to make sure your child feels comfortable and safe in hospital. These include:
- finding out what the treatment involves and who will be treating your child;
- bringing along any medication that your child is currently taking, including a list of medications provided by your pharmacy;
- telling the nurse or doctor as soon as possible about any allergies your child may have;
- wash your hands before meals and after using the toilet in order to prevent infections;
- telling someone as quickly as possible if you see that your child is in pain, so that we can do something about it;
- before your child is discharged from hospital, making sure that you are given a list of medications, a letter for your GP, and (if appropriate) a referral letter for an appointment at the outpatient clinic.