Providing optimal care for patients with a liver disease, that is what I am aiming for. As of june 2021 I will lead the liver transplantation program of the Erasmus MC. By participating in clinical and translational research I aim to optimize the care for our patients. My focus is especially to optimize the outcomes of liver transplantation. On one hand by trying to identify the factors that will improve patient clinical status on the waiting list in the pre transplantation period and on the other hand by trying to improve the long term outcomes, among others with focus on optimizing immunosuppression schemes, recurrence of hepatocellular carcinoma. Finally I have a specific interest in the patient with Acute on Chronic Liver Failure.
Education and career
- June 2021: Coordinator Liver Transplantation program Erasmus MC
- May 2017 - present: Consultant Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Dept Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- September 2011 - April 2017: Trainee Gastroenterogy and Hepatology at Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Sept 2001 - Sept 2008: Medical Degree (cum laude), LUMC, Leiden, The Netherlands
- January 2020: Sub PI CONTRAIL study. Optimization of immunosuppression (NOVARTIS)
- August 2020: PI MOTTO study. Optimization of immunosuppression (CHIESI)
- January 2021: PI CHANCE study: Acute on Chronic Liver Failure and Outcomes of Liver Transplantation (EF-CLIFF)
- October 2008 - Sept 2011: PhD research at Dept. of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Erasmus MC, supervised by Prof.dr. E.J. Kuipers. Title thesis: Helicobacter pylori from acquisition malignancy. Date of defense 13-06-2013.
A complete overview of publications can be found here:
Coordinator Clinical Technology KT3501 Complex diagnosis treatment combinations.
Coordinator Minor Hepatopancreaticobiliairy diseases (HPB).
Lectures and clinical education for medical bachelor and master students.
Board Member of LOL (Landelijk Overleg Levertransplantatie)
Member European Association for the Study of the Liver (EASL)
Member International Liver Transplantation Society (ILTS)
Member NTS (Dutch Transplantation Society)