We study the mechanisms of renal tubular transport and the link with human disease including renal tubular disorders, hypertension, and chronic kidney disease.
Field(s) of expertise
- Renal tubular disorders
- Chronic kidney disease
- Fluid and electrolyte disorders
Education and career
- 2017: Professor
- 2013: Associate Professor
- 2010-2012: Nephrology
- 2010: Postdoctoral Fellowship, OHSU, USA
- 2006-2010: Internal Medicine
- 2007: PhD, Erasmus University Rotterdam
- 2004-2005: Investigator, NIH, USA
- 2003: MD, Erasmus University Rotterdam
I teach renal physiology and nephrology at all levels of the medical curriculum and also at several international courses.
- Principal Coordinator, Academic Center of Excellence Kidney & Hypertension
- Member Scientific Council, Dutch Kidney Foundation
- Coordinator, National Center for Tubular Disorders
Scholarships, grants, and awards
Our research is supported by grants from the Dutch Kidney Foundation, the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research, the Novo Nordisk Foundation, and the Erasmus Medical Center.