I am working as a medical physicist in radiation oncology. My current research interests are in brachytherapy, and mainly in quality assurance (e.g. pretreatment verification) and (automated) treatment planning.
Field(s) of expertise
Research focus areas
- Brachytherapy physics
- (Automated) brachytherapy treatment planning
- Electromagnetic tracking for QA in brachytherapy
- HDR brachytherapy for prostate and gynaecological cancer
- Intraoperative HDR brachytherapy
Education and career
- 1987 - MSc Applied Physics, University Twente
- 1993 - Medical Physicist
- 2007 - PhD Medical Physics, Erasmus University Rotterdam, PhD thesis title: Intraoperative HDR Brachytherapy: Present and Future.