With my background in medicine (MD) and with a PhD in philosophy, medical ethics proved to be my field.
The last few years my areas of interest are end-of life issues, research ethics, scientific integrity, and clinical ethics.
I also work at the Amsterdam UMC, on end-of-life issues exclusively.
Field(s) of expertise
- medical ethics
- research ethics
- scientific integrity
- ethics at end-of life
- ethics in pediatrics
Education and career
- Medicine, University Maastricht MD 1987
- PhD in philosophy Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, 'Your money or my life' on justice in health care, 2001
- BKO-certificate, Erasmus MC 2016
- Thesis supervisor,
- Teacher in ba, ma and postdoctoral courses,
- Coordinator and teacher of Research Integrity course
- Member of the Dutch Health Council
- Substitute member of the CCMO
- Member of advisory board Chroom VI, RIVM,
- Amsterdam UMC