My research focusses on the optimization of pharmacotherapy using health-IT. For this, I use a three-pronged approach:
- Clinical – Improving pharmacological pain management in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit using a bedside dashboard.
- Outpatient – Medication optimization using clinical decision system supported medication reviews.
- Education – Improving the prescribing skills of medical students through E-prescribing education.
Field(s) of expertise
- Medication process
- Medication monitoring
Education and career
- Pharmacy at the University of Groningen (graduated 2019)
- Pharmacist in the hospital pharmacy of Ziekenhuisgroep Twente (01/19 – 04/21)
- PhD (05/21 – present)
- Prescribing education to graduate medical students.
- Supervision of master students.
- Member of the program ‘Medicatieoverdracht’.
- Member of the commission ‘Zorg-ICT’ of the Dutch Association of Hospital Pharmacists (NVZA).
- Member of the workgroup ‘Dubbelmedicatie’ of the KNMP.
- Member of the workgroup ‘Voorschrijfbevoegdheid’ of the NVZA/KNMP.