I am a consultant in pediatric rehabilition medicine; I work both at the Erasmus MC Sophia Childrens Hospital and at Rijndam rehabilitation.
I did my PhD study (finished 2016) on Functioning and quality of life of adults with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy.
Current research projects and goals:
- effectivity and cost-effectivity of botulinum toxin injections in Cerebral Palsy
- developmental diagnostics in pediatric rehabilitation
Field(s) of expertise
- Pediatric rehabilitation research
- Neuromuscular diseases
- Quality of life
Education and career
- 1982 - 1990: Medical training, Erasmus University
- 1990 - 1991: Military service, Military Rehab Center
- 1991 - 1992: Physician, Stichting Revalidatiegeneeskunde Zeeland
- 1993 - 1996: Specialist training Rehabilitation medicine, AZR/Dijkzigt and de Hoogstraat, Utrecht
- 1997 - 2002: Consultant in rehabilitation medicine, Stichting Revalidatiegeneeskunde Zeeland
- 2002: Consultant in pediatric rehabilitation medicine, Rijndam revalidatie and Erasmus MC
- 2006 - 2016: PhD research on functioning and quality of life of adults with Duchenne muscular dystrophy"
- Section pediatric rehabilitation medicine Netherlands Society of Rehabilitation Medicine - chairman
- Scientific committee Netherlands Society of Rehabilitation Medicine - member
- Stichting Scholing kinderrevalidatieartsen - chairman
- ""Kinderrevalidatie"", handbook of pediatric rehabilitation editorial board - member