I am a hospital pharmacist - clinical pharmacologist with an interest in medication safety and computerized clinical decision support.
Field(s) of expertise
- Alert fatigue;
- Computerized clinical decision support;
- Medication safety;
- Cystic fibrosis.
Education and career
- Hospital Pharmacist since 1997
- PhD since 2009 Thesis 'Drug Safety Alerting in Computerized Physician Order Entry. Unraveling and Counteracting Alert Fatigue'
- Assistant Professor since 2014
- Clinical Pharmacologist since 2016
A complete overview of publications can be found on Pubmed.
- University Teaching Qualification (2013);
- Teaching pharmacotherapy to medical students during their internships.
Chair Committee on (refinement of) drug-drug interactions (Royal Dutch Society of Pharmacy).
Scholarships, grants, and awards
- NVKFB Top Education Award 2018 for Skills Training for Electronic Prescribing for Master Students in Medicine at Erasmus MC.
- BAZIS (Medical Informatics) PhD thesis Award 2008-2010 for PhD thesis 'Drug Safety Alerting in Computerized Physician Order Entry - Unraveling and Counteracting Alert Fatigue.