I am a passionate neuropsychologist and epidemiologist. As a scientist-practitioner I strive to bring clinical practice and scientific research together and contribute to developing and delivering high-quality care for children and adolescents with psychiatric and psychological problems.
Field(s) of expertise
My research is embedded in the ENCORE expertise center and focuses on the (neuro)psychology and psychiatry of rare genetic neurocognitive developmental disorders.
Education and career
- 2018 - 2021: RINO Groep, Postgraduate training program Healthcare Psychology.
- 2015: Erasmus University Rotterdam, PhD.
- 2011 - 2013: Netherlands Institute for Health Sciences, Clinical Epidemiology, MSc.
- 2007 - 2009: Leiden University, Clinical Neuropsychology, MSc.
- 2004 - 2007: Leiden University, Psychology, Bsc.
A complete overview of publications can be found here:
I supervise three PhD-students. Additionally I teach Medicine to students at the Erasmus University Medical Center.
- 2014 - current: (Neuro)psychologist, department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry/Psychology, Erasmus MC Sophia.
- 2015 - current: Postdoctoral researcher, department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry/Psychology and ENCORE center, Erasmus MC Sophia.
- 2016: Visiting researcher, Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine, USA.
- 2010 - 2014: PhD-student, department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry/Psychology and Generation R Study, Erasmus MC Sophia.