What does the Education Policy and Advice department do?
Together with the Education Service Center (OSC), the Education Policy and Advice department (previously the Erasmus MC Desiderius School) is responsible for the organization, planning, and administration of the medical training program. The department also provides support to Erasmus MC’s Research Master’s programs and it is involved in the development of medical specialist training programs. The program directors are responsible for the content of the training programs.
Our focus areas
The Education Policy and Advice department is active in the following areas:
- We develop education policies and strategies, and provide advice in the implementation of the policies (e.g. on curriculum changes, e-learning, testing, working methods).
- We develop and implement a program for cross-disciplinary education (DOO in Dutch) in the specialist training program.
- We develop e-learning modules.
- We edit and produce study materials.
Professionalization of teaching
- We develop and give Teach-the-Teacher training programs to lecturers in the medical training programs and the medical specialization advanced training programs.
- We maintain the quality assurance system and we are responsible for its implementation.
- We carry out fundamental research and facilitate PhD research on the effect of educational policies and strategies. We are currently conducting a study on the decentralized selection method for admitting students as introduced at Erasmus MC and on the effects of the binding recommendation on continuation of studies.
You can contact our secretariat at +31 10 704 33 00 or by email.