Procedure Residence Permit
In case you have a non-EU nationality a residence permit will be mandatory. The application for this permit and (if applicable) a visa will be done by the International Office. Go to Start Residence Permit to know more about the application.
Required Documents for Residence Permit
Below a list of required documents that you need for the International Office in order to prepare your application & registration is presented. All these documents must be translated into English, Dutch, French or German by an official translator.
- A color copy of your passport (all the written and stamped pages); proof of a medical insurance with coverage in the Netherlands; If you don’t have one, you can arrange the medical insurance once you are in the Netherlands (you can enter the Netherlands with a travel insurance);
- Proof of independent means: for example stipends, grants, sponsorship, periodical payments, a letter of appointment or a contract of employment.
- A copy of a certificate that proves that you have the appropriate qualifications for the research to be done; your diploma or university certificate. The diploma’s or University certificate must be approved by a notary or the municipality;
- A copy of the research proposal, signed by your supervisor.
In addition to the above-mentioned mandatory documents, it is advised to submit
- A copy of a birth certificate (and if relevant: a marriage certificate), which has been legalized or provided with an apostille stamp for ascertaining personal details for the Municipal Personal Records Database (BRP). These certificates must be translated by an official translator in Dutch or English only.