Methods / applications
Sorting cell populations based on fluorescence probes (e.g. antibodies, fluorescent proteins, fluorescent dyes)
- Human and animal cells (primary cells, cell lines)
- ML-I and ML-II GMO material as well as BSL-1 and BSL-2 material
- Bulk sorts
- Single cell sorts
Cell sorting instruments (specifications sheet):
- FACSAria III: 4 lasers, 17 parameters;
this sorter is situated within a class II biosafety cabinet which allows for ML-I and -II as well as BSL-1 and -2 sorts;
- FACSAria II SORP: 5 lasers, 20 parameters
- FACSAria III: 4 lasers, 15 parameters
- FACSAria III: 4 lasers, 16 parameters
- FACSFusion: 5 lasers, 20 parameters;
this sorter is situated within a class II biosafety cabinet which allows for ML-I and -II as well as BSL-1 and -2 sorts
Cell sorting examples
- GFP-expressing cells from a GFP-transfected cell lines;
- Naïve B cells from a buffy coat
- Virus-specific CD8+ T cells from a murine spleen
- Naïve CD4+ and CD8+ T cells from cord blood
Access & costs
The FSSF serves members of Erasmus MC and outside academic and non-academic users.
1. Sorting Fees
- Users from the departments of Immunology, Cell Biology and Pathology: please contact the manager or the operators
- Users from other departments within Erasmus MC: € 80/hour
- Academic users outside of Erasmus MC: €110/hour
- Non-academic users: €140/hour
2. Training Fees
- Advanced training for sort operators: €500/trainee
(3 observation sort sessions, 2 hands-on sessions, 3 months of advice)
- Multicolor flow cytometry (LSR Fortessa): €200/trainee (introduction to flow cytometry theory, instrument introduction, 1 hands-on session)
- €40/hour(in person or by phone/email from an operator)
These fees cover part of the expenses for personal, instrument service contracts and consumables.
The FSSF supports users of the sort instruments as well as other flow cytometry analysis instruments with:
- Experimental design
- Sorting strategies
- Optimize protocols for cell sortingpreparation
- For sorting availabiliy:
check the reservation calendar from the online booking system
- Please provide us your experiment specifications (below) in a email or document and send it to: email@example.com
Experiment specifications (set-up):
- Your name:
- Your emailaddress:
- Your telephone number:
- Details about the requested sort:
preference for department / type of instrument / sort operator:
- Does GMO of biosafety apply? GMO / biosafety / no
- If yes to GMO:
- please provide the license number:
- Is this license number already approved for sorting: yes / no
- If yes to biosafety:
- What kind of biosafety: human cells / infections / other biosafety?
- If it concerns 'other biosafety', what kind of biosafety?
- Is this sort of biosafety material approved by BVF (Biologisch Veiligheidsfunctionaris) yes /no
- If yes to GMO:
- Please indicate the following required information:
- What kind of cells?
- How many cells will be sorted?
- What is the percentage of the population to be sorted?
- How many sorted cells are necessary?
- Any other important information:
- The facility will contact you for confirmation
(and will reserve a timeslot, this is only possible when complete information is provided)
For all other questions use our webform below this website