Hugo van der Kuy currently works at the Clinical Pharmacy, Erasmus MC. He is head of the department Clinical Pharmacy and is also professor in this area. Hugo does research in Clinical Pharmacology, Clinical Trials and Geriatrics. One of his current project is 'Clinical rules'. He is leading several research projects.
- CHECkUP: a project to reduce the number of hospital readmissions.
- Clinical rules: a project to optimize medication in an efficient manner.
- COMET, COvid-19 MEdicaTion study: a project to study the influence of admission medication to the clinical course of a COVID-19 infection.
Field(s) of expertise
- Medication optimization;
- Medication safety;
- Clinical rules;
- Prediction models;
- ATMP development;
- Pharmaceutical Societal responsibility.
Education and career
- December 2017 – present Chair Clinical Pharmacy, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam.
- November 2017 – present Head of department Clinical Pharmacy, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam.
- January 2013 – November 2017 Director of Pharmacy, Orbis Medical Centre, Sittard.
- November 2006 – September 2013 Hospitalpharmacist/Clinical pharmacologist Orbis Medical Centre, Sittard.
- March 2001 - October 2006 Hospitalpharmacist/Clinical pharmacologist Head Clinical Pharmaceutical Support, Academic Hospital Maastricht, Maastricht.
- March 1999 - February 2001 Hospitalpharmacist/Clinical pharmacologist Laurentiushospital, Roermond.
- April 1998 – February 1999 Clinical pharmacologist in training Maaslandhospital Sittard.
- April 1995 – April 1998 Hospitalpharmacist in training Maaslandhospital, Sittard.
- December 1993 – March 1995 Pharmacist Hospital Gooi-Noord, Blaricum.
- August 1993 - December 1993 Production pharmacist Pharmachemie, Haarlem.
- PhD thesis: Intranasal drug delivery. Prof dr Merkus. University Leiden. 2003.
- Clinical Pharmacologist. Dr Hooymans. Maaslandhospital 1999.
- Hospitalpharmacist. Dr Hooymans. Maaslandhospital 1998.
- Pharmacist. University Utrecht 1993.
Hugo teaches several courses both at Erasmus MC and the Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Associate editor European Journal of Hospital pharmacy.