About our research group/lab
We would like to find an answer to the question why adolescents have a relatively high risk of losing a kidney graft, whereas this risk is particularly low in very young children.
Our research projects aim at finding changes in the immune system that could explain the relation between different pediatric age categories and graft survival. In addition differences in pharmacokinetic properties per age category are investigated.
Research focus areas
Prospective clinical and laboratory studies exploring the activity of the immune system.
- Adolesce-NT (Kidney Transplantation in Adolescents).
- KiTnY (Kidney TransplantatioN in the very Young).
Collaborations within Erasmus MC
- Ped Nephrology Erasmus MC Sophia.
- Nephrology Erasmus MC.
- Transplantation lab Erasmus MC.
- Clinical Pharmacology Erasmus MC.