My field of expertise in research is ICU pharmacology and medication safety. I work together with ICU medical staff members in unravelling questions about ICU pharmacology. Another research field is medication safety. I joined multiple projects about this topic.
- My thesis (2010) involved pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics and pharmacogenetics of proton pump inhibitors. My PhD project was supervised by Prof Dr Ernst Kuipers.
- After my thesis I specialized in Intensive Care clinical pharmacology, especially in the topics pharmacokinetics of antibiotics and the efficacy of haloperidol in delirium.
Field(s) of expertise
- Clinical pharmacology;
- Medication safety;
- Intensive care pharmacology;
- Pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics and pharmacogenetics.
Education and career
- Pharmacy, University of Utrecht.
- PhD, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam.
A complete overview of publications can be found here
Lots of experience in teaching medical students, nurses, MDs in clinical pharmacology.
Scholarships, grants, and awards
Multiple zonMw grants ICU and pharmacy.