Field(s) of expertise
Education and career
Key publications since 2019
- Versteegh L, Amatavete S, Chinbunchorn T, et al. The epidemiological impact and cost-effectiveness of key population-led PrEP delivery to prevent HIV among men who have sex with men in Thailand: A modelling study. The Lancet Regional Health - Southeast Asia 2022; 7: 100097.
- Prins HAB, Rokx C, Verbon A, et al. HIV transmission among acutely infected participants of a Dutch cohort study 2015-2021 is not associated with large, clustered outbreaks. Aids 2022.
- Popping S, Cuypers L, Claassen MAA, et al. Persistent Transmission of HCV among Men Who Have Sex with Men despite Widespread Screening and Treatment with Direct-Acting Antivirals. Viruses 2022; 14(9): 1953.
- Jonas KJ, Parczewski M, van de Vijver D. The war refugees from Ukraine: an HIV epidemic is fleeing as well. AIDS 2022; 36(12): 1745-6.
- Popping S, Hullegie SJ, Boerekamps A, et al. Early treatment of acute hepatitis C infection is cost-effective in HIV-infected men-who-have-sex-with-men. PLoS One 2019; 14(1): e0210179.
- van Kampen JJA, van de Vijver DAMC, Fraaij PLA, et al. Duration and key determinants of infectious virus shedding in hospitalized patients with coronavirus disease-2019 (COVID-19). Nature Communications 2021; 12(1): 267.
- Popping S, Kall M, Nichols BE, et al. Quality of life among people living with HIV in England and the Netherlands: a population-based study. The Lancet Regional Health – Europe 2021; 8.
- Hensley KS, Jordans CCE, van Kampen JJA, et al. Significant impact of COVID-19 on HIV care in hospitals affecting the first pillar of the HIV care continuum. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2021.
- Mukherjee S, Colby D, Ramataursing R, et al. Expanding reimbursement of immediate treatment using Direct Acting Antivirals to reduce Hepatitis C incidence among HIV positive MSM in Bangkok, Thailand: a cost effectiveness modelling study. Journal of Virus Eradication 2021: 100042.
- Popping S, Verwijs R, Cuypers L, et al. Transmission of NS5A resistance associated substitutions among men-who-have-sex-with-men recently infected with hepatitis C virus genotype 1a. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2020.
- van Vliet MM, Hendrickson C, Nichols BE, Boucher CA, Peters RP, van de Vijver DA. Epidemiological impact and cost-effectiveness of providing long-acting pre-exposure prophylaxis to injectable contraceptive users for HIV prevention in South Africa: a modelling study. Journal of the International AIDS Society 2019; 22(12): e25427.
- van de Vijver DAMC, Richter A-K, Boucher CAB, et al. Cost-effectiveness and budget effect of pre-exposure prophylaxis for HIV-1 prevention in Germany from 2018 to 2058. Eurosurveillance 2019; 24(7): 1800398
Coordinator Querido honors programme which offer bachelor students in medicine scientific and societal challenges in addition to the regular curriculum.Coordinator and teacher in course on population dynamics, research master infection & immunity (I&I).
Scholarships, grants, and awards
Principal investigator NIH funded R01 “Novel mechanisms contributing to failure of dolutegravir-containing cART in clinical practice”
Principal investigator “Epidemiological impact and cost-effectiveness of long acting antiretrovirals in Thailand. TEAMS study”