Education and career
- PharmD, RUG, 29-6-1995
- MSc Clinical Epidemiology, NIHES, Erasmus University, 20-6-2003.
- Registration as Epidemiologist B, 30-1-2006
- Dept. Pharmacy, hospital St. Jansdal, 1995-1996.
- Dept. Pharmacy, Radboud UMC, 1996.
- Apotheek Haagse Ziekenhuizen (AHZ), hospital pharmacy resident, 1996-1999.
- Dept. Pharmacy, Erasmus MC, 2000-2013
- Dept. Epidemiology & Internal medicine, 2000-2020
- Dept. Pharmacy, Haga Teaching hospital, 2013-now
- Dept. Pharmacy, Erasmus MC, 2021-now.
- Claire Siemes, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam. Title thesis: “New insights into genetic variation and cancer” (May 9, 2007).
- Matthijs Becker, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam. Title thesis: “Individualizing pharmacotherapy. Genetic factors and co-prescribed drugs affecting pharmacotherapy” (Nov 4, 2009).
- Monique Bijl, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam. Title thesis: “The influence of the CYP2D6*4 polymorphism on drug response and disease susceptibility” (Nov 20, 2009).
- Martina Teichert, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam. Title thesis: “Pharmacogenetic aspects and drug interactions in anticoagulation therapy with coumarins” (Feb 18, 2011).
- Rikje Ruiter, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam. Title thesis: “Pharmaco-epidemiology as a tool in Pharmacovigilance: studying cancer as adverse drug reaction” (Feb 1, 2012).
- Eline Rodenburg, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam. Title thesis: “Sex differences in cardiovascular drug response” (Sep 18, 2012).
- Catherina de Keyser, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam. Title thesis: “Pharmacogenetic Epidemiology of Statins in an Ageing Population” (Jun 5, 2015).
- Raymond Noordam, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam. Title thesis: “Pharmacoepidemiological studies on antidepressant use in older adults” (July 3, 2015).
- Nikkie Aarts, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam. Title thesis: “Utilization and unintended effects of antidepressants in an ageing population” (Dec 16, 2015).
- Kiki Cheung, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam. Title thesis: “Medication use in children and adolescents. Studies using different information sources” (May 12, 2020).
Ongoing thesis supervision:
- Edwin Brokaar, Haga Teaching hospital: medication optimisation and medication safety in elderly cancer patients.
- Linda Hendriksen, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam: sex as a risk factor for serious adverse drug reactions.
- Course on research methodology for hospital pharmacy residents (CORAZ), NVZA, once a year.
- Teaching program Clinical pharmacology for residents in paediatrics and in hospital pharmacy, Haga Teaching hospital.
- Module ‘Gender-specific pharmacotherapy’, Master Farmacy, LUMC, once a year.
- Hospital pharmacist Haga Teaching hospital, responsible for clinical trials, research & teaching.
- Board member MSC (medical staff), Haga Teaching hospital.
- Secretary scientific committee NVZA (CWZO).
- Board member CGR.
- Clinical pharmacologist in training, Haga Teaching hospital.
Scholarships, grants, and awards
Grants (principal investigator):
- ZonMw, Gender and Health, 2017, €169.000
- KWF, Beleidsproject kanker en ouderen, 2015, €88.100
- ZonMw, Priority medicines Ouderen, 2010, €570.000
- Min. VWS, patient safety program, 2004, € 150.000.
- Hartstichting, sekse-specifieke werking cardiovasculaire gnm, 2017, €104.662
- NWO, Maatschappelijk Verantwoord Innoveren (MVI), 2015, €235.000
- ZonMw, Dure en Weesgeneesmiddelen, 2010, €434.349.
- Sanofi Award for best original research paper NVZA, 21-10-2013
- Pierre Wijermans award for best scientific department, 2018, Haga Teaching hospital.
- Corrie Hermann award 2019, VNVA.