About our department
We are initiators of the following studies:
- Pre-malignancies: we run multicenter studies on the pre-malignant cervix and HPV (Vaccin; Topic-2 trial) on the pre-malignant endometrium (the EIN study).
- In women with cervical dysplasia we assess the acceptability of HIV testing.
- Vulva-cancer: we conduct a multicenter-study on recurrent vulvar cancer and the feasibility and safety of a re-sentinel node procedure.
- Ovarian cancer: the PlaComOv study is a placebo-controlled RCT on a new technique for cytoreductive surgery in ovarian cancer. The study is closed and the primary outcome is known but we are awaiting results from overall survival. A translational study linked to the PlaComOv study is looking into therapy resistance in ovarian cancer via ct-DNA and Med-seq studies. The BETER study is a multi-center descriptive observational study to gain insight into the experiences and needs of patients after treatment of high-stage ovarian cancer. Data is collected by focus group discussions. Furthermore we evaluate hyperspectral imaging in ovarian cancer.
- We participate in several studies initiated by other centers, such as the OVHIPEC-2 study, the GERSOC study for ovarian cancer, the Granulosa study and Fertility Preservation study,
- Endometrial cancer: a prospective study on carcinosarcomas of the uterus (CUS) addresses risk factors and quality of life of patients with carcinosarcoma of the uterus as well as genetic and molecular background of Carcinosarcomas.
- Cervical Cancer: we are the national coordinating center of the Robot-assisted Approach to Cervical Cancer (RACC) trial. We run a study on digital Spatial Profiling in cervical cancer and its metastasis. We evaluate the Quality of Life of patients who received chemoradiation. We participate in the SPARC study regarding sexual- revalidation in women treated with radiation for gynecological cancer.
- Genetic gynaecological cancers: we study the Lynch Syndrome and BRCA1 and BRCA2 gynaecological cancers.
- Detection of Gynaecological cancer: Together with other departments we do research to detect gynaecological cancer earlier or better: we do research on ct-DNA and Med-Seq in ovarian cancer and on proteomics in cervical smears.
- Dr Heleen van Beekhuizen is principal investigator in the PlaComOv, Vaccin, Topic-2 and CUS studies.
- Dr Lena van Doorn is principal investigator in the V2SLN, EIN and endometrium damage repair studies.
- Premalignant gynaecological abnormalities and HPV.
- New surgical techniques in gynaecological cancer.
- Therapy resistance in ovarian and endometrial cancer.
- Genetic gynaecological cancer.
Carcinosarcoma of the Uterus
DNA damage response in tumours of patients with endometrial cancer
Endometrial Intraepithelial Neoplasia (EIN) study
Hyperspectral Imaging in Gynaecological Oncology (HSI-GO)
PlaComOv-study: PlasmaJet in case of Ovarian Cancer
TopIC-2: Imiquimod in recurrent CIN
You will find the most recent publications on Gynecological Oncology - Research output - Erasmus University Rotterdam (eur.nl).
- We collaborate within the Academic Center of Excellence for Gynaecological Tumours of the Erasmus MC.
- We do studies within the Consortium 2.0 of the Dutch Organization of Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- Studies are developed and rolled out in the Gynaecological Cancer Network South-West Netherlands.