I’m passionate about developing new medical devices for optimal and personalized healthcare solutions in the field of Gynaecological Oncology. An example is the development of 3D-printed brachytherapy applicators in cooperation with the Radiotherapy department. Accurate detection is a primary requirement for optimal tumour treatment. Together with the Pathology department I'm therefore researching new methods to classify and visualize tumorous tissues with (optical) techniques, such as Raman spectroscopy and hyperspectral imaging.
Field(s) of expertise
- Medical device design.
- Tissue biomechanics.
- 3D printing, medical imaging and (optical) sensor data.
Education and career
- 2004 - 2011: B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering and M.Sc. Biomedical Engineering.
- 2012 - 2016: PhD candidate, Delft University of Technology, 3mE, Department of Biomechanical Engineering. Promotors Dr. John J. van den Dobbelsteen and Prof. dr. Jenny Dankelman.
- 2015: Visiting Researcher, ACMIT - Austrian Center for Medical Innovation and Technology, Austria.
- 2016 - present: post-doc researcher, Delft University of Technology, Department of Biomechanical Engineering.
- 2017: Visiting Researcher, SINTEF - Department of Medical Technology, Norway.
- 2018 - 2020: post-doc researcher, Erasmus MC, Department of Radiology & Nuclear Medicine.
- 2020 - present: post-doc researcher, Erasmus MC, Department of Gynaecological Oncology.
A complete overview of publications can be found here: