About our department
We are initiators of the following studies:
- Pre-malignancies: we run multicenter studies on the pre-malignant cervix and HPV (Vaccin; Topic-2 trial), on the pre-malignant endometrium (the EIN study) and Foto Dynamic Therapy on Lichen Sclerosus and Vulvar Intraepithelial Neoplasia.
- Vulva-cancer: we conduct a multicenter-study on recurrent vulvar cancer and the feasibility and safety of a re-sentinel node procedure.
- Ovarian cancer: the PlaComOv study is a placebo-controlled RCT on a new technique with the PlasmaJet for cytoreductive surgery in ovarian cancer. Primary outcome is the percentage of obtained complete surgery. The study is closed. The primary endpoint is published. Currently we monitor the included patients for Quality of Life, progression free and overall survival. A translational study linked to the PlaComOv study is looking into therapy resistance in ovarian cancer via ct-DNA and Med-seq studies.
- Endometrial cancer: a prospective study on carcinosarcomas of the uterus (CUS) addresses risk factors and quality of life of patients with carcinosarcoma of the uterus. In all cases of endometrial cancer we look into damage repair mechanisms using RECAP tests.
- Genetic gynaecological cancers: we study the Lynch Syndrome and BRCA1 and BRCA2 gynaecological cancers. We participate in several studies initiated by other centers, such as the OVHIPEC-2 study, the GERSOC study for ovarian cancer, the Granulosa study and Fertility Preservation study, the Sparc study on sexuality of women treated with chemoradiation for cervical cancer, and studies in BRCA mutation carriers.
- Dr Heleen van Beekhuizen is principal investigator in the PlaComOv, Vaccin, Topic-2 and CUS studies.
- Dr Lena van Doorn is principal investigator in the V2SLN, EIN and endometrium damage repair studies.
- Premalignant gynaecological abnormalities and HPV.
- New surgical techniques in gynaecological cancer.
- Therapy resistance in ovarian and endometrial cancer.
- Genetic gynaecological cancer.
Carcinosarcoma of the Uterus
DNA damage response in tumours of patients with endometrial cancer
Endometrial Intraepithelial Neoplasia (EIN) study
Hyperspectral Imaging in Gynaecological Oncology (HSI-GO)
PlaComOv-study: PlasmaJet in case of Ovarian Cancer
TopIC-2: Imiquimod in recurrent CIN
- We collaborate within the Academic Center of Excellence for Gynaecological Tumours of the Erasmus MC.
- We do studies within the Consortium 2.0 of the Dutch Organization of Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
- Studies are developed and rolled out in the Gynaecological Cancer Network South-West Netherlands.