On 29 October 2020 the NCOH ASM took place. The Annual Scientific Meeting of 2020 was hosted by Prof. Marion Koopmans (Erasmus MC) and Prof. Heiman Wertheim (Radboudumc). Guest speakers were Prof. Thijs Kuiken (Erasmus MC), Dr. Bart Haagmans (Erasmus MC), Dr. Quirine Ten Bosch (Wageningen University & Research), Prof. Aura Timen (National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM), Prof. Marijn de Bruin (National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM) and Dr. Xander Koolman (VU Amsterdam).
During this Scientific Meeting, we focussed on the following questions:
- Wild Life Markets; can they stay open?
- Working with Uncertainty: how do you make decisions during a pandemic caused by a new virus?
- Science communication during a crisis
- What were the early warning signals? How can we detect earlier and prepare better?
- What is the societal and economic impact of this pandemic?
And last but not least:
- Do we need a new scientific approach?
- What does the future disease X research agenda look like?
In case you missed the Webinar, check the YouTube livestream here